To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
We’re looking for a .NET Full stack developer to fit into our Retail and Omnichannel development team. The team builds software that powers our clients’ Retail operations – in Store, our clients use our Point-of-Sale system (the registers) and its corresponding ecosystem, and at Head Office, our clients manage stores chainwide, and broker and route omnichannel Orders (whether they are ordered online or in-store).
Our .NET software stack consists of .NET Winforms-based applications, .NET services (including WCF), and .NET web-based solutions (ASP.NET Core MVC), but we are always looking to the future and hoping to incorporate WPF/WinUI and possibly ASP.NET Blazor. For the database, we use Oracle and make heavy use of Stored Procedures for the business logic.
We want our .NET developers to be comfortable with both the Desktop side and the Web application side, so while the focus may start with Desktop, the future path includes Web as well.
This is a Mid-Senior position within the team.
What you’ll do
- Full stack software development in the Retail domain (POS/Store & Ecommerce related)
- Collaborate with the team to produce high quality code within an agile SDLC ecosystem
- Participate in design aspects, including brainstorming, solutionizing/specification collaboration, and possibly UI/UX input
- Participate in estimating technical work and tasks (high level and possibly low level as needed)
- Solve problems and troubleshoot production issues, in coordination with the Services and Support teams
- Learn the tools and technology required to get the work done as well as improve the products
- Follow and maintain technical documentation as needed, and guide other teammates to ensure cohesiveness and a unified documentation style/approach
- Assist teammates with coding issues and uphold quality and coding standards
- Keep technical debt as low as possible, and determine if and when cleanup is required
What we’re looking for
- A “T-shaped” technical personality with the focal area being quality software development, modern architectures, and software development processes/lifecycles
- 4+ years experience with the .NET framework, specifically: VB.NET and C#, WinForms, and ideally .NET web development such as ASP.NET Core MVC/Razor/Blazor. Familiarity with WPF and WinUI is a big plus
- 3+ years working with Oracle database and PL/SQL, the ability to quickly understand data models, and SQL performance tuning/considerations
- Ability to easily understand architecture and design patterns, and fundamental design principles for building scalable, performant software
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles, including the modern derivatives such as Webservices and APIs, Microservices, Event-driven architectures, Queues, etc.
- Familiarity with collaborative source control such as Git, and DevOps/NoOps concepts and infrastructure; Azure DevOps familiarity is a big plus
- Comfortable working with CLIs (Windows cmd/PowerShell, ‘Nix bash) and getting your hands dirty with scripting/automation
- Familiarity with virtualization, cloud environments (Azure & Oracle clouds in particular), and containers (Docker)
- Strong research skills to understand new areas, and troubleshoot complex problems
- Comfortable explaining complex ideas to others, and giving presentations to the team for training or collaborative purposes
- Comfortable in reading and following documentation, and writing updates/content as needed
- Passion for automation and making things better in the SDLC stack, whether it’s developing, building, deploying, or configuring
- Participate in identifying the best solution to a problem, weighing in factors such as time, skillset, and existing codebase
- Passion in technology stacks, keeping up with new technology, and exploring ideas and prototyping
- Ability to understand how “technical” ties into “business” from a product/project point of view
- Comfortable working in a team setting, or individually with appropriate instructions/guidance
- Familiarity with the Retail/Wholesale/Ecommerce industry and terminology is a plus