Jesta I.S. is a leading supplier of ERP and supply chain management solutions to the apparel, footwear, and soft goods industries. Our client base includes many recognizable brands spanning the globe, and continues to grow. We are presently looking for a Business Analyst POS to join our team. As a member of our organization, you will enjoy access to industry professionals in an entrepreneurial environment that fosters rapid learning and career advancement. If you are up to the challenge and you have the skill set requested, please send your resume and salary expectations to our HR department at email@example.com.
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Investigate and document existing systems and identify gaps and propose cost effective and efficient solutions to serve business needs. Create process documents, requirements documents; translate requirements into functional specifications for hand-over to internal and/or external technical teams and subject matter experts. Create documentation of current process for business case development, projects and supporting activities, including case studies, findings, conclusions, recommendations, request for proposal, data and process flow diagrams, specifications, test strategy, training materials, user documentation, etc. Lead and participate is discussions regarding business processes, hardware, networking and secure communication or encryption requirements with customers and third-parties. Lead and participate in project teams to implement system solutions Use Case workshops; Business Modeling and Design walkthroughs. Identify and facilitate the development of needed policies and procedures for specific and overall processes in a clear, concise, and easily understood manner. Oversee the production and maintenance of design documents, verify that requirements are testable and generate testing case scenarios as required. Define operational reporting requirements for new initiatives or enhancement projects. Work with marketing, clients and IT to help resolve process gaps. Formulate and recommend new policies, methodologies and standards to improve the quality of deliverables.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Good understanding of Store operations (retail knowledge is a plus)
- Ability to effectively manage multiple activities or projects of varying complexity with conflicting priorities involving cross-functional teams and aggressive time constraints.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal, including the ability to produce clear and well organized documents.
- Team player with a desire to continuously improve current business practices/processes.
- Strong interviewing skills with the ability to extract requirements from others.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to build accurate, comprehensive business cases, define and document optimal practices.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Required minimum 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst or System Analyst and be able to demonstrate applied experience with working on medium to large-scale projects in a Retail Point of Sale environment. This includes hands-on experience with POS hardware, networking, configuration and support.
- Expertise in requirements and functional design facilitation and documentation, including modeling tools and methods.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- French or Spanish is an asset
- Good Communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Team leader skills
- Highly motivated and self-starting.
- Independence; Handles Pressure; Flexibility; Dependability; Coordination.
- Travel –occasionally
- Technical background in software development or integration is an asset
- Basic knowledge of networking is an asset
- Good understanding of relational database is an asset
- Knowledge of CRM is an asset