Jesta I.S. is a global supplier of integrated software for wholesalers and retailers specializing in apparel, footwear, housewares and electronics. Our end-to-end solutions streamline your day-to-day operations throughout your entire supply chain while always keeping your customers top of mind.
We’re continuously enhancing our products to meet the evolving needs of the ever-expanding wholesale and retail industries as well as developing innovative solutions to maximize operational efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
With more than 50 years of combined wholesale and retail experience, we recognize the importance of providing solid software solutions coupled with impeccable client service.
- This position is responsible to develop and maintain new and existing features in our Vision Financials application.
- Developer responsibilities include analysis, design, code, test, and implementation of application solutions as well as diagnosing problems and finding solutions. Java Developers need to possess a thorough understanding of how to design, develop, modify, and enhance systems by applying best practices.
- Perform programming activities to deliver software according to specification and standards.
- Manage the Development team including setting priorities, managing schedules and adhering to budgets and timelines.
- Work closely with Architects and drive efficient solutions.
- Coordination with Implementation and Customer Support teams.
- Perform software build activities to ensure compliance with standards and best practices for the software package.
- Assist with the development of procedures and processes to improve operational efficiency.
- Work in an environment that adheres to work plans/schedules and status reporting.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes, and solutions.
The ideal candidate must have experience in the following areas:
- Oracle Database
- Sever Side stored procedure development
- Data modeling (ER Diagrams)
- Java based MVC applications
- Web-based applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Must have minimum 3 years of experience developing Java based thin client applications (JSP, JDBC) and SQL development experience.
- Experience in Web Based applications running on Oracle.
- Knowledge of relational databases is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability are a must.
- PL/SQL, Oracle relational database, and web application development.
- SQL and PL/SQL stored program code in relational database.
- Knowledge of ASP.NET and C# is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic Accounting is required
- Good Communication (written and verbal) skills
- Proven managerial skills
- Strong technical analyst skills
- Highly motivated and self-starting.
- Independence; Handles Pressure; Flexibility; Dependability; Coordination.
- Maintain a productive work environment.
- Maintain professional, technical and company product knowledge.
- Demonstrate ability to perform problem solving tasks.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities and organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple and changing priorities on an ongoing basis.
- Able to establish and work within project goals and deadlines. Strong analytical skills and ability to convert user needs into detailed system requirements.
English; French is an asset