Jesta I.S. is a leading supplier of ERP software to the apparel, footwear, and soft goods industries. Our client base includes many recognizable brands spanning the globe, and continues to grow. We are presently looking for a Retail Merchandising Business Analyst to join our team. As a member of our organization, you will enjoy access to industry professionals in an entrepreneurial environment that fosters rapid learning and career advancement. If you are up to the challenge and you have the skill set requested, please send your resume to our HR department at email@example.com.
* Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Creatively translate business and industry market requirements into conceptual designs for the development of retail application solutions.
- Gather requirements from multiple sources (customers, product owner, market research, business process descriptions and other sources)and use them in the product design
- Collaborate with both the product development team and product managers
- Work within a product development team using an agile methodology to help define application solutions’ scope, objectives, business functionality.
- Write white papers, functional specifications and define test scenarios
- Break down large features into small, just in time requirements to enable software development during product development sprints.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with the product development team and the product owner to analyze needs and formulate suggestions and alternative solutions.
- Match business problems with selected solutions to gain buy in from both the technical team and product owner.
- Participating as a member of a scrum team with an interest and focus on continuously improving the process
- Present Retail Merchandising application features, as required
- Collaborate with Professional Services team during implementations/upgrades
- Provide estimates for customization, find workable solutions for the Customer specific requirements,
- Evaluating reported bugs, analyzing user feedback and usage patterns to make decisions on how to improve our products
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, information science, information systems, or related area, or equivalent experience in a Business Analyst role
- In-depth knowledge of retail industry operations and processes
- Solid understanding of all phases of the software development cycle
- Strong overall understanding of database structure is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Time management skills
- Strong Skills in Word, Excel, Golden (or equivalent)
- Asset to possess an understanding of SQL, EDI, and client server background, UNIX, NT and Windows.
- The ideal candidate will excel at providing both highly analytical and creative ideas applied to the product design
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the retail industry.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in reviewing and streamlining merchandising / retail business processes
If you are someone who likes a challenge and has a high level of curiosity, then you may want to apply for this position by forwarding your résumé to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.